Genre: Real-Time RPG
Release Date:
US: TBA

Jade Empire 2 is Real
Code allegedly exists for Xbox 360.

by Erik Brudvig
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/843/843370p1.html
http://www.jeux-france.com/news23389...2-annonce.html

January 2, 2008 - While most of us were gorging ourselves on holiday meals and napping away our vacations, news of Jade Empire 2 leaked to the net via The Mercury News. Dean Takahashi published an article stating that he spoke with someone who saw code for Jade Empire 2. "It's coming for the Xbox 360, and it's real," claims Mr. Takahashi. Rumors of the title have been floating around for years, but it is interesting to hear that the code exists for Xbox 360.

Whether the Jade Empire franchise will stay a PC/Xbox 360 exclusive or not remains to be seen. According to Microsoft the franchise is owned by BioWare, a company that was recently purchased by EA. It's no secret that EA prefers to publish its games for as many platforms as possible, putting any thoughts of exclusivity in limbo.

Microsoft, as usual, did not comment on the rumor. When we contacted EA, we were forwarded on to BioWare as the PR is still being handled separately. Representatives for BioWare could not be reached at this time, giving us a trio of no confirmation.

Thankfully, IGN's own David Clayman was willing to go on record with this statement, "There is no truth to the rumor that I have already awarded this game a perfect ten in the IGN databases. As far as we know the title may not even exist. However, if the game does come to fruition I will not dismiss the possibility that it will deserve a score of ten or higher."

We'll have more on Jade Empire 2 as it comes in.

A small but interesting scoop: Jade Empire 2 is coming
By Dean Takahashi
Saturday, December 29th, 2007 at 12:00 pm in Dean Takahashi, Dean and Nooch on Gaming, General.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/200...is_coming.html

Here’s an opportunity for BioWare to get it right and for all of you fans out there to rejoice. Rumors have been swirling about the possibility of a sequel to BioWare’s Xbox hit, “Jade Empire.” For years, people have predicted it would come and Ray Muzyka, co-CEO of BioWare, even spilled the beans of something coming back in 2005. But I talked with someone who saw code for Jade Empire 2. It’s coming for the Xbox 360, and it’s real. It’s not much as far as scoops go, but I’m on vacation. What do you expect? Happy New Year.Jade Empire was BioWare’s second big game for the Xbox, following the exclusive Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic title in 2003. It will be interesting to see if Jade Empire 2 will remain an exclusive for the Xbox 360, now that Electronic Arts has agreed to acquire BioWare/Pandemic.

Jade Empire launched in spring 2005 on the Xbox. That means the team that created it has probably had a couple of years to work on it. During that time, I would guess that Microsoft secured it as an exclusive and they developed the game for that platform. But there is no law that says such games can’t be ported to the PS 3. And we all know how EA loves to do cross-platform games to maximize profits from a single property.

The original game was an action role-playing game with core martial-arts fighting game play. You play an orphan who is trained in martial arts and on whose shoulders lies the fate of the mystical Asian land, the Jade Empire. The possibilities for the sequel are very interesting given where BioWare took the conversation and RPG system with Mass Effect. Would this be the Xbox 360’s answer to Heavenly Sword on the PlayStation 3? Probably not, given it is an RPG and not a fighting game first.

What’s your vote? Should it remain an Xbox 360 title or should it go cross platform? I don’t know the answer myself.
神祕人1號 目前離線   回覆時引用此篇文章
舊 01-03-08, 09:51 PM   #2
kimtam
Game Master
飄銀泣悲哀

註冊日期: Jan 2002
文章: 2,775
XBox Live Gamertagkimtam
太好了,雖然那個中國風不太中國風...
但故事跟系統都真的不錯
希望之後會有KOTOR3的出現吧

「如果兄長只生在普通人的家庭,不用承繼父親大人的陰陽師地位,說不定,他能抓住平凡人的幸福...」