舊 06-20-05, 07:35 AM   #1
Rivky2003
Game Master
三吋王

註冊日期: Dec 2002
文章: 2,123
HK STAR STRIKES JUBILEE JACKPOT

HK STAR STRIKES JUBILEE JACKPOT
Cape Of Good Hope struck for Hong Kong with victory in the Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot at York today.

The seven-year-old extended his already big lead in the Global Sprint Challenge by winning the second of two British legs in the six-race series.

And it provided Mick Kinane with his fifth win at the five-day meeting to seal the riders' award.

Kinane was set to ride Somnus, but switched to Cape Of Good Hope when Tim Easterby's horse was one of five late withdrawals from the Group One contest with the ground riding very fast.

Cape Of Good Hope (6-1) set a course record, covering the six furlongs in 1min 8.58 seconds, beating the previous best by 0.24 of a second.

Fourth in the King's Stand Stakes over the minimum trip on Tuesday, the David Oughton-trained Cape Of Good Hope was always travelling well as Galeota attempted to make all the running.

Richard Hannon's charge looked as though he might hold on, but Cape Of Good Hope just proved too strong in the closing stages, getting home by a head.

Balmont, the 9-2 favourite, was third, a further length and a half away.

Kinane said: "I knew he'd come on for the run on Tuesday, but I have committed to Tim Easterby's horse for the season. But when Tim took his horse out, David let me back on him.

"It turned into a bit of battle in the last 100 yards, but I just got there.

"He's a top-class sprinter. I rode him in the first leg of the Global Sprint Challenge in Australia when he was third, but I couldn't make it when he won his Group One there last time."

British-born Oughton, saddling the first Hong Kong winner in Britain, said: "It's a great day for me, to come home and have a winner. It means an awful lot.

"He's so tough, and a marvellous horse to train.

"He's been all over the world - to Australia, Japan and England twice - and he's just a really tough horse.

"I wouldn't make a habit of running him twice in a week. He's now done it twice at Ascot, but normally in Hong Kong he would have six weeks between races.

"Coming all this way we take a chance and run him twice in a week, and it's come off."

Richard Hannon junior said of Galeota: "That was a monumental performance for a three-year-old.

"He just about had them all beat after five furlongs, and it was a massive run. He is a champion sprinter in the making.

"The July Cup is a possibility and he'll get better and better. He's the sort of horse who could take you all over the world."

Jeremy Noseda added of Balmont: "It was a good, solid run and you couldn't be happier.

"He'll go for the July Cup and he would possibly be better suited by a little more juice in the ground. But it was a very good run and I'm very happy."

搞掂左喇, 成就比精英大師更高

Rivky2003 目前離線   回覆時引用此篇文章
回覆

主題工具
顯示模式

論壇跳轉

現在的時間是 05:32 PM

手機版 | APP版